Contractor: Sundt Construction
Architect: HDR Architecture / Steven Ehrlich Architects
Product(s) Used: KTF Glazing Systems & KTF Sunshades
Project Goal: To perform for our valued client at our high standards while keeping quality and price equal.
• 2013 Build America Merit Award – Building New Category-Associated General Contractors of America (AGC)
• Excellence in Structural Engineering-Paragon Structural Design
• Gold Award for Interior Finishes-Ceilings & Interior Systems Construction Association
• Higher Education/Research Project Award of Merit – Best Projects 2012-Engineering News Record – Southwest
• RED (Real Estate and Development) Award for Best Education Project-Arizona Commercial Real Estate Magazine
• Special honors include 2006 Lab of the Year by R&D Magazine and Leed Gold Certification
• On-site renewable energy. ASU allocated energy produced by a photovoltaic array on the adjacent parking structure to ISTB 4 to supply over 16 percent of its energy use.
• Optimal building orientation based on local climate conditions and a high performance façade with vertical sunshades to reduce heat gain and incorporate passive cooling strategies.
Click here to take a virtual tour!